Scope & Purpose
This notice describes how Kantara collects, uses, share and secures the information that it collects from people who visit Kantara’s publicly facing web sites, unless another site specific notice is posted. If a site specific notice is posted that notice will apply to that site. This notice does not necessarily describe the practices of the various work groups and discussion groups who may have group specific policies regarding information that provide as a visitor or as a member of Kantara or one of its groups.
The purpose of this web site is to provide visitors and users with information regarding the Kantara Initiative, its objectives and activities, its members and its deliverables. It also attempts to provide recent and pertinent news about the Kantara Initiative as well as access to materials developed by the Kantara Initiative. This web site also provides a mechanism for organizations and individuals to join Kantara Initiative.
The Information We Collect
We collect both personally identifiable and non-personal information from you. When you land on a web page, your browser provides technical and other information to the web server. The Kantara Initiative, entities that may operate web services on its behalf and the technical infrastructure that enables those services collects information provided by your browser and, on request, yourself. Some of this information is personally identifiable information. “Personally Identifiable information” (PII) means information that by itself, or in combination with other information, will identify you. “Non-personal information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, and includes PII that has been de-identified or anonymized.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- By Asking – The Kantara Initiative may collect information from by asking that you provide it. Depending on the information and/or services you request, we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, company name, title, address, phone and fax number, and similar information.
- Analytics – The Kantara Page uses Google Analytics for the purposes of understanding and tracking web site usage. For more information on Google Analytics please visit Google’s Analytics Help Site for data privacy and security: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en The Kantara Initiative does not use Google Analytics Advertising Features and therefore only uses first party cookies.
- Web Beacons – A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, the web beacon can tell if you get an email from us then click on a link in that email to go to our web site. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email. Web beacons may also provide the type of information provided by cookies concerning your use, preferences, and activity on a web site.
- Web Server Logs – The computers that deliver our web pages to you may record information. For example, a web server log may record the search terms you enter on our web sites, the link you clicked to bring you to the web page, your IP address, or cookies that are set on your browser. By and large this and similar information does not enable us to identify individuals. Where such identification is possible we treat those data as PII.
- Other sources – Other companies or individuals may provide us with the unsolicited contact information of businesses or individuals who they think may be interested in our products or services. We will obtain your consent before linking your personal information with information about you obtained from other sources.
In general, you can visit Kantara Initiative’s web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference that a user can set for their browsers to opt-out of the online tracking activities used by some web sites. Kantara does not track its visitors or users across third party web sites and thus does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals in browsers.
How We Use & Disclose Information
We may use your information:
- To respond to your requests or provide you further information about Kantara Initiative, including membership opportunities, new developments, and communications from Kantara Initiative members.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- For members of Kantara Initiative to: list member company names in a public Web site directory.
- Create contact lists in a members-only area to permit working group members to contact each other
- Permit anyone affiliated with a member to have their contact information made available in a members-only area
- To give our web site developers information that may be useful for developing new features and products for customers.
- To improve the content and navigability of the web site.
- To alert you to new site features, products, events and special offers.
- If required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kantara Initiative, our members, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you are participating in a Kantara Work or Discussion Group you will be included on mailing lists. Unless otherwise specified mailing list archives are available on the Kantara web site for an indefinite period. Anything you post to a Kantara List, including email header information, should therefore be understood to be disclosed and in the public domain.
Kantara Initiative will not share your personally identifiable information to any company not a member of Kantara Initiative unless it is:
- at your request,
- to outsource one or more of the functions described in the previous section, or
- with the proper authorities in response to a legal order or official request.
Cross-Border Sharing of Information:
The web site is not directed to children. We do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Other web sites:
The web site may contain links to third-party web sites. Kantara Initiative is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. You are encouraged the review the privacy policies of the web sites you visit.
Choice & Consent
How you can decide what communications you will receive:
You may opt-out from Kantara Initiative Public Mail Lists if you do not wish to receive further communications from Kantara Initiative. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make as promptly as possible.
Kantara provides notice as to the purposes for which personal information is collected, used, retained, and disclosed. Kantara describes choices available to you and obtains explicit consent where applicable. By using this website, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure and sharing of your personal information as described in this notice.
If you decide you do not want to receive commercial emails from Kantara you can “opt-out” by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email.
Retention and Disposal
Kantara retains personally identifiable information only as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purposes or as legally required and thereafter appropriately disposes of such information
Access and Quality
Unless Kantara is permitted or required by law to prohibit access, you may view and if necessary, update or correct the information that you’ve entered about yourself on this site. To ensure that you have as much control over your personally identifiable information as possible, we allow you to view, update, revise or delete the information you provide by updating your Profile via the top right menu next to the ‘search’ OR by contacting us for assistance . We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make, or your request for deletion, as promptly as possible.
How We Protect Information:
Kantara Initiative attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personally identifiable information. We have a strict internal security policy that limits access to production systems and personal information only to authorized personnel. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security. Even so, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances. Kantara transfers personal information outside of a local jurisdiction only with adequate protections in place and in compliance with applicable laws and standards.
How to Contact Us:
Acknowledgement: John Wunderlich and Associates, Inc